Frequently asked questions
1) What is the product being injected & how does it work?
Belkyra® is deoxycholic acid, a naturally occurring molecule in the body. Upon injection into the treatment area, Belkyra® targets those fat cells which can no longer store or accumulate fat permanently. The broken down fat is removed by your body’s natural waste removal systems.
2) How long does the treatment take?
Once all questions are answered to your satisfaction the treatment itself takes 20-30 minutes.
3) Am I a good candidate for the Belkyra Treatment?
Both men and women concerned with double chin fat are ideal candidates for this treatment.
You may not be a candidate for this treatment if you have/are:
- Active inflammation and/or infection in the treatment area
- Current or history of cancer
- A degenerative neurologic disease or any other disease around the treatment area that’s stimulated by heat (e.g. herpes)
- An Internal defibrillator/pacemaker
- Metal implants (excluding dental) in the treatment area
- Uncontrolled thyroid gland disorder
- Varicose veins
- Pregnant or are undergoing an IVF procedure
- Skin-related autoimmune diseases
- Silicone implants and/or injections in the area
4) What is the downtime for this treatment?
The downtime post treatment varies from person to person.
Swelling, bruising and redness in the treatment area are commonly reported which may last for several days.
The treatment area may feel warm or a stinging type sensation immediately after injection. Patients may use turtle necks or scarves to cover the area sufficiently. We advise against scheduling this treatment close to any special events or functions.
5) What is the cost of the Belkyra Treatment?
The cost is dependant on the degree of your submental fullness and will vary patient to patient. Upon consultation you will be provided with accurate pricing information specific to your treatment.